Old February 23rd 06, 05:19 AM posted to sci.space.tech

Default Lowering Air Resistance

Hi, I wanted to mention this article I read, about a newly discovered
way to reduce air resistance:

http://www.physorg.com/news11095.html

No flames, plz -- I just wanted to ask if anybody knows enough about
this effect to say whether it could be used to make a better scramjet
or rocket.

I was thinking scramjet in particular, due to its prolonged contact
with atmosphere at high mach conditions. But while this cylindered
surface would delay transition to turbulence, it might likely increase
overall drag. Therefore, would it be worth it?

Are there some circumstances where reducing turbulence is more
important than reducing drag? Could the interior of a scramjet engine
be such a case?

Comments?