Old April 9th 18, 10:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Actual time lapse vs distorted time lapse

On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 2:06:21 AM UTC-6, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

I do not know what it must take to assign significance to circumpolar motion
and then conclude that all the effects of daily rotation including
sunrise/sunset (as observers see rotation) fall out of step -

" It is a fact not generally known that,owing to the difference between solar
and sidereal time,the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there
are days in the year" NASA /Harvard

I would not presume that people here have the slightest interest in correcting
the centuries old error but my goodness, what cheap nonsense below any
standard of intelligence.

http://www.quadibloc.com/science/eot.htm

The solar day is affected by the Equation of Time.

Stellar circumpolar motion is not.

The Equation of Time is the result of the Earth's orbital motion. So it means
that the solar day is a compound motion, combining the Earth's rotation with the
Earth's orbital motion, not a simple one - just as the apparent motion of the
planets, with their retrogrades, is a compound motion, combining their own
orbital motion around the Sun with the Earth's orbital motion around the Sun.

So you're the one who is being stubbornly geocentric and non-Copernican with
this issue.

John Savard