Old April 9th 18, 09:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Actual time lapse vs distorted time lapse

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 7:18:59 PM UTC+1, Bill wrote:
On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 11:03:55 -0700 (PDT), Razzmatazz wrote:

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 2:24:54 AM UTC-5, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
The daily motion ....

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

Shhh!!! We don't let the secret out. ;-)

I do not know what it must take to assign significance to circumpolar motion and then conclude that all the effects of daily rotation including sunrise/sunset (as observers see rotation) fall out of step -

" It is a fact not generally known that,owing to the difference between solar and sidereal time,the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there are days in the year" NASA /Harvard

I would not presume that people here have the slightest interest in correcting the centuries old error but my goodness, what cheap nonsense below any standard of intelligence.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/kenya/nairobi

Sunrise/sunset times don't change much near the Equator so each rotation is captured by that experience so rather than deal with the catastrophe, the celestial sphere enthusiasts left SAA en masse rather than face the scar on astronomy. Never have such a section in society enjoyed being settled into a suffocating notion even when the opportunity is there to escape it with all the lovely challenges ahead.