Old April 7th 18, 08:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Actual time lapse vs distorted time lapse

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 7:03:59 PM UTC+1, Razzmatazz wrote:
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 2:24:54 AM UTC-5, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
The daily motion ....

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me..

You are so sweet, celestial sphere enthusiasts even have the Sun disappear and reappear using the diameter from horizon to horizon as a gauge for the Sun's motion -

http://www.debsnelsonphotography.com...m-720-Copy.jpg

I could probably explain the joke of civil/nautical/ astronomical twilight this way but unfortunately someone selling a magnification hobby as astronomy is not going to know or care so I don't take offence.

Remember now, it is the astronomers who condense long term imaging into manageable observations that will understand why only one apparent motion of the stars matter in relation to the Sun and the orbital motion of the Earth so celestial sphere motion ain't it.