Old April 6th 10, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
Steve Allen

Default [fitsbits] WCS keywords in tables

On Tue 2010-04-06T12:56:25 -0400, William Pence hath writ:
So far there have been no objections to this simplifying WCS convention
for images stored in FITS binary tables. If that's really the case,
then I will write up a short description (crediting Mark Calabretta as
the originator) and submit it for inclusion in the Registry of FITS
Conventions on the FITS support office web site.

I fear I have missed some subtle point about this.
How is this not just another application of the Greenbank convention
as applied to WCS keywords at least as early as 1995?
http://www.cv.nrao.edu/fits/document...cs_keywords.ps
Is there some substantive difference in this case?

--
Steve Allen WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855