Old January 9th 13, 01:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science
Mahipal

Default A Return to the Moon by the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary.

On Jan 8, 3:09*pm, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article a4c9a329-cd8a-47a7-b563-
, says...

My point about NASA was more about how the advice -- good, bad, or
ugly -- gets changed, mis-directed, manipulated as needed, when it
progresses up the politically dominated pyramid scheme chain of The
Boss's commands.

True.

When working in a "shoot the messenger" environment, I've seen how
messages are sanitized as they move up the management chain. *By the
time such a message gets to a person who can actually make a decision,
they often don't have all the facts to make a properly informed
decision.

There's an acknowledged "shoot the messenger" environment?

Then there is the problem with "dumbing down" a message as it moves up
the management chain on the assumption that upper management either
won't understand (or doesn't care about) the gory details. *It's always
refreshing working in an environment where managers actually understand
the details.

Via competent, or not, managers, a message manipulated is an evil in
disguise. I'm very simple that way... a fault I have to learn to hide.

I've also dealt with politics in the form of "the boss' pet project".
:-P

I do regularly watch the TBBT, since a friend talked me into it. Fun
show, but not as funny as it advertises itself to be. Marketing hype,
and all that. The fake laugh tracks does not help nor impress even my
kids. Still, QM QED Feynman way smarter than any Nobel Prize
_demanding_ cartoon of a character Dr. Sheldon Cooper -- my Actor
indifferent statement. The comparison of the two should not even be
possible, or allowed, iykwim. Entertainment is not Physics. Or, vice
versa.

I stuck a smiley face on the end of my original response, so it's all
good. * *;-)

I saw the smiley. I've resolved to neither use them nor read them. The
message should speak for itself. I'll deal with the ramifications.

Jeff

The "s h i t" link Rick Jones provided was is really entertaining.

Enjo(y)... Cheers!
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple" leads to... Maple Loops.

http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/
"If the line between science fiction and science fact doesn't drive
you crazy, then you're not tr(y)ing!"