Old February 5th 07, 02:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SZumbo

Default David Levy

I had the surprise and pleasure of meeting David Levy one night in 1996 or
1997 at Skywatcher's Inn near Benson, AZ. He had a group of Boy Scouts
there for a night of observing, and I was there on vacation, enjoying the
dark night sky. I knew who he was because of Comet S/L 9 in 1994, and felt
shy to talk with him, but he smiled and asked about my travels and interest
in amateur astronomy before continuing with his lecture to the boys. During
the evening, there were two bright meteors, and it was interesting to hear
Mr. Levy and Doctor Vega, the owner of the Inn, estimating their brightness,
color and length.

I pray for Mr. Levy's recovery.

Steve