Old June 3rd 11, 06:07 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
john

Default puzzle; Benzene

On Jun 3, 8:20*am, dlzc wrote:
Dear john:

On Jun 2, 7:41*pm, john wrote:

On Jun 2, 11:19*am, dlzc wrote: Dear Michael Moroney:
On Jun 2, 9:50*am, (Michael Moroney)
wrote:

...and your evidence that all those spinny coins have
anything whatsoever to do with a real benzene
molecule is what?

That is the moeny he spent buying it?

I am waiting for physics and chemistry based on Minecraft
simulations to show up...

Each member interacts with its neighbour
four times per cycle. You can
see that plainly since I had the 1, 4, 7 and 10
change color when they line up between
two of the Carbon discs.
During one cycle, with a ring of six, there will
be 24 possible interactions.
There is a neighbouring hydrogen for each member, also, but
hydrogen is only capable of interacting twice
per cycle, so for 6 hydrogens, that's another 12 interactions.
That makes 36.
This structure would accommodate Benzene's thirty sharing
electrons admirably, don't you think, Holmes?

No I think it is a masturbatory exercise, with no revelatory content,
and no insight into helping someone understand the theories behind
your intentional obfuscation.

By the way, does your "model" explain why what is replaced for one or
more hydrogens on benzine, controls what can be placed on next, and
where?

As long as you had a good time.

Using the atomic model I've been championing for 28 years
to demonstrate a classical pathway solution for Benzene?
Yeah- a minor buzz.

I'm bored now.

john