Old October 17th 03, 02:58 PM
Jorge R. Frank

Default Which operating system is used in spacecraft?

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote in
:

"Tweak" wrote in message
Which operating system/systems is currently being used in
spacecrafts?

Was
FlightLinux implemented as the standard? Any information you can
provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is as far as I know no "standard".

The Shuttle uses HAL/S and I don't think you can really descibe it as
having an OS.

The four PASS computers have a primitive OS called GCOS (don't remember
what it stands for), mostly written in AP-101S assembly language. I don't
think the BFS has an OS per se.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.