Old April 12th 05, 11:20 PM
OG

"John Knight" wrote in message
Lawrence wrote:
Today the local council replaced the bust light that is a few metres

away from
my observatory. Damn....... For a couple of weeks now it has been

gloriously
dark - but of course the clouds stopped most imaging.

Lawrence Harris

A few months ago a number of youths walked past our house, one of them
armed with about 8 feet of scaffolding pole. He swung it at the
streetlight next to my fence and presto! Darkness. Much
cheering from his gang (and me).

Just a thought. (The light came back on again the next night by the

way).

Shaking a streetlight is reckoned to cut off the power. Something to do
with ensuring they don't become 'live' if damaged in a RTA.

Can't condone doing it though.