Old January 26th 19, 07:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

Default Cool, I just saw the ISS! - Anyway, the rest of the story.

On 1/25/2019 6:59 PM, a425couple wrote:
Cool, I just saw the ISS!
The International Space Station just passed
over Seattle.Â* It was visible 8:48 to 8:52,
heading from SW towards NE.

Then, rather suddenly, just past straight overhead,
it went dark.Â* It is about 200 miles up,
and then passed into the shadow of the Earth.

For unknown reasons, I felt I was in a rush to
get this posted. But obviously, by the time
I sent it,,,, there was no rush, the ISS was then
in the dark. So,,, I made some mistakes.

error #1, the times were 6:48 to 6:52 Pacific ST,
I've no idea why I mistyped it.

omission --
And, although there are a variety of sites,
and websites that tell people when and where they
can see the ISS (International Space Station -
great big honker, and real bright also!!)
pass over their location,,,

I'd gotten a big tip! The TV weather guy was
on a roof telling us watchers to get ready!
So I did!
And later, through the wonders of dvr technology,
and play back, I replayed it & saw him watching it and
talking about it.