Old October 2nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics
Joe Strout

Default Key to understanding universe is understanding our brains

In article .com,
"GatherNoMoss" wrote:

The brain as a quantum computer has gained more press I notice lately.

I haven't noticed that, but even if it were true, it would mean nothing.
Ask any neuroscientist what he thinks of Penrose's ravings. (You can
ask me, if you can't find a real one; I have a Master's in neuroscience,
though I'm no longer practicing in the field.)

I'm saying that how the brain functions, solveing the questions as to
what the nature of intelligence is, will also tell us how the universe
works and why.

I really doubt it will tell us anything except how intelligence works.
It's unlikely that it's tied in any useful way to, say, the fundamental
laws of physics.

Forget space exploration......it's all in the mind.

Especially if you ingest hallucinogenic substances. Drop out and tune
in (or whatever it is you do) if you wish, but as for me, I intend to
get out there and actually DO something.

Best,
- Joe