Old July 20th 06, 11:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
Roger Hamlett

Default Celestron Sky Scout

"Alan Briker" wrote in message

Wondering if anyone has heard about the Celestron Sky Scout, an
intriguing
new gadget. Does it really do what it claims? Is it available yet?

I'd say the 'solar' group is hardly the place to ask, since if you don't
know what/where the Sun is, you have problems!...

If you go to sci.astro.amateur, one has _just_ for the first time, been
tested by a 'user' (as opposed to a company), and there is a thread
running on it. The thread is entitled 'SkyScout - No longer vapourware',
and the first post was only two days ago, so should still be on your news
server.

Yes, it exists. Yes it works. For my 'money', it is too expensive for what
it is, and accuracy is relatively limited.

Best Wishes