Old April 3rd 13, 06:42 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
altergnostic

Default Anomaly Large Cold Spot and an Asymmetry in Temperatures on Opposite Hemispheres of the Sky

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 02/04/2013 4:57 AM, mathematician wrote:
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2...planck-probes-...

This graphic highlights anomalies seen in the Planck data. One Anomaly
is an Asymmetry in the Average Temperatures on Opposite Hemispheres of
the Sky (indicated by the curved line), with slightly higher average
temperatures in the southern ecliptic hemisphere and slightly lower
average temperatures in the northern ecliptic hemisphere. This runs
counter to the mainstream view that the universe should be broadly
similar in any direction we look. There Is Also a Cold Spot that
Extends Over a Patch of Sky That Is Much Larger Than Expected
(Circled). The anomalous regions have been enhanced here to make them
more clearly visible.

Do you have any ideas of cause of these anomalies?

Hannu Poropudas

If the greater universe is a lot bigger than the visible universe, then
the anomalies will just indicate the directions of denser and sparser
regions of the greater universe.

Yousuf Khan

If we detect it, it is within the observable universe, by definition.