Old March 21st 08, 05:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
canopus56[_3_]

Default Lunar Plinius SE M Serenitatis - 2 attachments (1/2) - 2 attachments

"George Normandin" wrote in
:

Interesting image! I take it that this was taken at prime focus?
George N

It was taken very hastily at prime focus and is not up to the usual
standards. Mostly, I was trying to get a quick image to document the
enhanced shadow-albedo effect. The image was also not taken by me
personally, but was taken by a docent at my request as an aside at a local
university star party. He ran the scope and camera with me directing where
to point. He's a DSO guy and not lunar imager, hence the low resolution
and marginal focus on the 14 inch. I did the post digital processing using
API4WIN from the 80 fits images that he captured.

- Kurt