Old October 22nd 16, 05:01 AM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Default Totally empty space?

On 10/17/2016 8:49 PM, wrote:
Is there anywhere in space, well out past our solar system, between stars, where
there's absolutely nothing? And by that I mean not even any atoms? Or does the
fact that there's a "space" out there mean there are atoms? Just got to thinking
about it. Thanks.

Another thought. It's not so much a question of where but of how much.
If instead of traveling "way out there" instead visualize chopping space
up into smaller and smaller cubes. Eventually you get volumes of space
too small to hold even sub-atomic particles. But even so you have to go
many orders of magnitude of smaller volumes before you reach the Plank
length or volume. At this point even space-time itself gets fuzzy.
Meaning there are volumes which cannot physically exist, as least as we
understand it.

Dave