Old March 21st 17, 08:18 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Craig Markwardt[_2_]

Default NET Angular Momentum of Globular cluster of stars

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:46:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Is the NET angular momentum of a globular cluster of stars, zero?

e.g. Omega Centauri or M13 for example.

[[Mod. note -- I think the answers are Yes (or very close to zero),
Yes, and Yes (respectively). -- jt]]

I'm not sure that's the case. Searching for "globular cluster
rotational flattening" gives a lot of papers that discuss the rotational
dynamics of globulars. I would say the consensus is, there is
significant angular momentum in some globulars.