Old October 18th 10, 09:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Default ASTRO: ATTN: Glen M33 my attempts.. - 2 attachments

There are a number of very knowledgeable people that post here whom
can give you some very good advice.

Will need some more information though, camera, scope, exposure time,
image processing software, etc.

It would be most helpful if you could post the calibrated, aligned and
stacked individual color channels and the luminance images, I'm
assuming a camera other than an OSC (one shot color). I have zero
experience with OSC cameras but there are others here that do have
experience.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:19:15 -0500, Joseph Schmosovich
wrote:

.
...I've also been trying to capture M33 and it has been
very discouraging for me, originally i blamed it on my
poor site (approx 18mi north of dwn town Dallas, Tx) so
i went to a park approx 20mi north of here (M33-10Oct10)
results were not much better 80min total subs gray scale
looks moderate i think but the color is pitiful.. so i
went to a site 132mi west of here Very Dark and my M33
is still ..not good (M33-15Oct10) the more i try to
squeeze out color and detail the worse it gets.. if you've
got the time and dont mind i would appreciate any suggestions
you might have... thanks in advance