Old March 6th 07, 03:13 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Default The 100/10/1 Rule.

Scott Hedrick wrote:
This reminds me of some of the discussion that went on in sci.space about
16-17 years ago about the smallest rocket that could put either 1 oz or 1 kg
into orbit. It was the first time I'd heard of ring laser gyros. The
discussion veered off into how many model rocket engines would be needed. I
kept the printouts for several years.

I can't find it now, but a few weeks back I stumbled on someone trying
to do that with a diminutive multistage rocket out on the web.
I think it uses pressure-fed hypergolic fuels, and is around 15 feet
long IIRC.

Pat