Old March 6th 07, 01:33 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Default The 100/10/1 Rule.

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote in message
nk.net...
So.. what could you do with say:

200lbs
500lbs
1000lbs

I think the first 2 are basically "small sat" type things.

1000lbs, a bare minimum once around capsule?

This reminds me of some of the discussion that went on in sci.space about
16-17 years ago about the smallest rocket that could put either 1 oz or 1 kg
into orbit. It was the first time I'd heard of ring laser gyros. The
discussion veered off into how many model rocket engines would be needed. I
kept the printouts for several years.