Old January 20th 08, 02:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar
Mark Sukhija

Default 2009 Total Solar Eclipse

Is anyone else here going to the 2009 Total Solar Eclipse? We will be
viewing the eclipse in China from the Qiantang River Tidal Bore viewing area
near Hanzghou which will give us totality of 5 minutes 40 seconds. The
eclipse will begin at 09:38 local time at a 57 degree altitude. The eclipse
will end at 11:05 and around 1½ hours later one of the largest ever tidal
bores is expected which we hope to experience.

Where will you be viewing the eclipse from?

Mark Sukhija
http://www.markstravelnotes.com/