Old June 9th 05, 05:03 AM
Paul F. Dietz

L. Merk wrote:

Paul Dietz, John Ordover, Brenda Clough and other Exploration Deniers
claim that humanity has no urge to explore. However, they are insular
nobodies attempting to project their own inner death upon humankind.

Hey, at least we can rub two propositions together and
construct an actual logical argument.

Psychologists agree that the drive to explore is a quintessential human
need. The drive to explore exists in healthy humans, and it is a
*significant* drive -- *not* a minor and weak one.

[...]
The Urge to Explore

It brought the first creatures from the sea onto the land; it sent us
to the moon. Where shall we go next?

by Buzz Aldrin and Wyn Wachhorst

Right, that great psychologist, Buzz Aldrin. A true renaissance man,
he must be!

Look, dumb****, you've got this basically irrational space urge.
Despite your sophistic dancing definitions, this urge of yours
is not shared by most people. To widen the net to embrace most
people (including myself) you need to enlarge the definition
of 'exploration' and then pretend the two definitions are the
same. But as I and many others here have pointed out, they aren't
the same, not be a long shot.

I'm sure you really *feel* you're correct here. Well, touchy-feely
illogic has led you down the garden path, stupid. Your attempts
at rationalizing these feelings aren't getting you anything
but derision.

Paul