Old January 23rd 17, 09:33 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

Default The dark ages

In article ,
writes:

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 10:03:49 PM UTC-8, jacobnavia wrote:
After the big bang, the gas was too hot to form stars. A time must pass
to cool the universe so that the star formation could begin.

The important thing is to kindly
tell me if that time (262 My) is correct for the length of the dark
ages...

It doesn't seem relevant or perhaps even important to me what the
number is. The Big Bang is an idea that the universe explosively
began. But the idea that it originated from a tiny point

Not necessarily; an infinite universe was always infinite, even at the
big bang.

basically
suggests that our universe originated (if correct) from the interior
of a black hole that breached confinement.

What does "breach confinement" mean?

A black hole is a static solution in an asymptotically flat spacetime.
The solutions of the Einstein equation describing the universe are
rather different. There are some superficial similarities, some of
which are basically due to dimensional analysis, but the universe did
not arise from a black hole in any meaningful sense.

Call it a singularity
or whatever, things exploded out of a tiny volume.

That's the main point. Or, more precisely, a given volume today becomes
arbitrarily small looking into the past.

But the Big Bang doesn't posit what existed outside of that
singularity. There could have been an entire universe around a
black hole that breached confinement for all we know.

See above.