Old December 29th 03, 04:27 AM
starburst

Default AFOV vs Aperture Poll

Make it five. Desert Island... no light polution... dark skies... mmmm. I'll
take the aperture any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I remember when
my kellner with a 40 degree field was a big step up. I can live with 50
degree fields and deeper limiting magnitude.

Chris

* Three people (Howard Lester, David Knisely, and me)
after hemming, hawing, and qualifying, come down quite
clearly on the side of aperture. From our point of
view, AFOV is definitely a second-order issue, to
be considered only after first-order issues like
aperture.

Four, actually. I'm not sure why Google is refusing to archive my posts
on this thread, since I don't put that particular header in my posts.