Old June 9th 10, 08:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Frogwatch[_2_]

Default Image analysis software

We need some image analysis software and I need opinions on what to
get. This is NOT an astronomy application although we are using a
cooled CCD astronomical camera. A few years ago, we used some
astronomy software that allowed us to produce dark frames, subtract or
add frames, remove various pixels based on certain criteria, etc. and
it worked very well for our app. Unfortunately, we lost that software
and I cannot remember what it was.
Can somebody suggest some software that would allow us to do similar
today including analysis of colors of pixels.
Obviously we do not need any software that makes finding astro objects
easy but anything that is useful for imaging of very dim objects would
be useful in our app.
Suggestions for software? We'd like to try something less expensive (
$500) before going too far with this.

Thank You
David OHara
Parallax Research, Inc.