Old April 7th 08, 07:04 PM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

Default 40th Anniversary of 2001:A Space Odyssey

Andre Lieven writes:

On Apr 5, 9:46 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
David Lesher wrote:
Kubrick's best-remembered film won't be that; Kubrick's perfect legacy
will be "Dr. Strangelove"... one of the most brilliantly funny movies
ever made.

Sure. More to the point, its a satire of a topic that most people
would
have previously bet was unsatirisable, nuclear war. I would call The
Mouse That Roared more of a farce, in the strict sense.

Although ... Billy Wilder had, apparently, in the late 50s
toyed around with the idea of reuniting the Marx Brothers to make a
``Duck Soup for the Nuclear Age'' movie. When we get the cross-time
trade routes set up, I want to get a look at *that* movie.

--
Joseph Nebus