Old December 7th 05, 11:27 AM posted to alt.radio.satellite,alt.satellite.gps,sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe,uk.sci.astronomy

Default Satellite tracking software

"Martin" wrote in message

These PC V Mac debates pale in compasison to the Amiga V Atari ST
debates of old. Many a good argument there. Must admit I love the
old Amiga, although being able to buy a new PC these days and run
my old software is something all these newbie's to computing take for
granted. As an owner, of a Vic 20, Atari 800, Commodore 128, Amiga
then finally a PC the cost of buying new software each time was murder!

I'll bet it was! You should have bought a PC in the first place, instead
of all those toys. ;-)

brag
I remember bringing in my IBM PS/2 Model 70 486 PC to school as part
of a talk on astronomy, and ran several programs during the hour talk,
including GrandTour. At the time (1990), the school had BBC Master
128 machines everywhere. My talk was the first time many of them had
actually seen a real computer, and my little ol' PC was more powerful than
all of them put together. They also had two A3000 Archimedes machines
which approached something like a real computer, but were still just toys.
/brag

GrandTour still runs on 2000/XP.