Old November 27th 16, 01:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Investment in asterroid mining

In article ,
says...
None of *your* cites say that self
replicating robots actually exist today.

yawn There's a thing called the internet. The first self replicating machine was widely reported in 2005 in the academic press. Since that time a global movement called 'rep rap' has been instituted. Through that movement tens of thousands of people, including myself, have built their own self replicating machinery. Any competent person knows this.

Toys found only in R&D departments, not mining machines.

You're spouting decades old
theories that have not yet come to fruition.

It only seems that way to those who don't understand the present situation.

You are the one postulating the existence of autonomous self replicating
machines capable of mining an asteroid and building more of themselves.
I don't want you to dredge up theoretical papers from the 1980s. We're
all aware of the theory. But, theory alone will not mine an asteroid.

If such a thing were possible today, they would absolutely be used in
terrestrial mining operations because once the first machine was built,
you quite literally would not need to build anymore. It would
absolutely revolutionize the mining industry.

Where are the self replicating mining machines, Mook?

Jeff