Old August 12th 03, 04:42 PM
John Maxson

Default Why do we care about the crossing?

BenignVanilla wrote
in message ...

I have been following the threads about the SRB's and I
can't seem to find the answer to this question...Why do we
care? What does it matter if they crossed or did not cross
after loss of the vehicle?

Apparently you don't, but that is mainly an issue to the extent
of whether the salvage forces initially proceeded to the proper
coordinates for the right booster. Anyone with eyesight can
easily see that the boosters did cross after their fireball exit.

The real issue is the importance of a crossing *within* the
fireball, one which destroyed Challenger *as it happened*.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)