Old June 30th 03, 06:18 PM
Brad Guth

Default Absconding ISS to Venus L2 (VL2), whatever the radiation

Here's something other than hot rocks to speak of;

Besides the fact that so many testy opponents are intentionally
tossing flak (I'm assuming their not all idiots, just functioning as
loyal Borgs of their NASA/NSA/DoD collective), they're continually
ignoring some very fundamental laws of physics, laws pertaining to
*pressure* that shifts the vapor point of just about everything
(including blood) and otherwise greatly reduces dependency upon O2.

In spite of all that warm and fuzzy flak I'm taking, here is something
more of interest, for those actually intent upon reaching for the
Venus surface may be in for yet another surprise. This knowledge could
even improve upon our chances of making it on other planets that are
not quite like Earth.

I've located something of further interest for the task of converting
relatively small amounts of H2O into some rather enormous H2, like a
ratio of 25,000:1

As a result, the issues of obtaining H2 from heat and of a little
energy are further improved for our focusing upon various "can do"
considerations for planets such as Venus, having shifted the balance
in favor of life far more than I'd anticipated. The following most
recent page offers those links and of a tad bit more on the
opportunities that are at hand.
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/can-do.htm

David Grinspoon seems to be another tough nut to crack, although at
least he's not being the absolute Borg of the pro-NASA collective, by
his suggesting things about Venus that are of somewhat more recent
history and, even though he's not willing to admit, his research and
subsequent publications are more favorable toward the possibility of
other life than not. Even Andrew Yee has offered numerous commentaries
of how life finds a way of surviving, even if that's in spite of our
misconceptions, or arrogance as I like to refer to it.

Essentially there is significant other life on Venus, or at least
there was such life as of 14+ years ago. Worst case scenario is that
we're seeing the remains of what used to be, though why leave town
simply because it's getting somewhat toasty hot, when you've got
seasons worth of cooler nighttime as well as unlimited energy in just
the atmospheric pressure differential alone, especially when that
differential is comprised of such terrifically dense CO2 that's
keeping the planets' mega tonnes of H2O aloft, as in buoyant in them
there relatively cool nighttime clouds.

BTW; thanks for keeping this topic open.

Regards, Brad Guth / IEIS 1-253-8576061 http://guthvenus.tripod.com
alternate URL: http://www.geocities.com/bradguth