Old January 18th 05, 01:38 PM
Tony Pottrell

I'm based in Lawrence Weston in Bristol and saw something similar too - I
thought it was an iridium flare at first but it was moving too fast....

You wouldn't be the Barnaby who's registered on UKAstroimaging.co.uk would
you? I only note it because you're the only other Bristolian registered
there

Tony

wrote in message
oups.com...
Funnily enough, I was heading for Emersons Green, also on the E side of
Bristol!

I'm glad I wasn't hallucinating either (although my wife saw it at the
same time from the passengers seat so I did have instant confirmation
at the time). I would agree with your wife's description of the event.

Cheers

Barnaby

Ken Dale wrote:
Hello Barnaby,

My wife, standing at the kitchen door whilst I was admiring the first
quarter moon through my telescope, claimed that she saw something

very, very
similar. Direction was maybe a little N of W. She said that it moved
'vertically' downwards before disappearing and reckoned it much

brighter
than any star / planet. As you say the sky was still fairly bright in

that
direction.

Needless to say I didn't believe her! She's pleased to be proved

correct (as
usual).

Ken

PS Kitchen is in Longwell Green on E side of Bristol so quite a long

way
west of you