Old August 24th 04, 01:37 AM
Mad Scientist

Wally Anglesea wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

anon wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Can anyone seriously respond and explain why the USA spent billions of
dollars going to the Moon in the first place? It certainly wasn't to
bring back a bunch of rocks, nor was it to simply take a bunch of cool
pictures. It certainly wasn't just political grandstanding as others
have suggested either.

The same reason the Soviets spent billions of roubles on a space program.

Still no answer for NASA went to the Moon more than once I see. Even it
was political grandstanding, why go more than once? What could be
accomplished the second time around or the third or the fourth that wasn't
accomplished in the first mission?

Again, since you were not born at the time, I'll explain. Really, your
teachers at grade school should have done a better job than they evidently
did. That says something about the state of education in the US today.

You give nothing, NOTHING in the way of an answer that anyone reading on
the internet could deduce. I am not surprised though, since you really
have nothing remarkable to say about anything whatsoever.

It was sold to the world as a scientific project.

So then it really wasn't a scientific project according to you, other
than a political project.

Going once to one place
would have been politically stupid

Why? They 'beat the Russians' to the Moon, no need to prove it they
could do it again. That IS stupid reasoning on your part.

(the US showed time and again they could
do it as often as they felt it was neccessary, plus, the incremental cost of
the following missions was not as huge as the cost of setting up to get
there once, and what, you are going to say to your astronauts that only 2 of
you will ever land on the Moon?), and the scientists, geologists, etc wanted
more. It was worth it. There was a whole lot of what comes after, but
poilitically, once the US had demonstrated that their Science was the best
in the world, the US decided it wanted to spend more on domestic issues.

So here you prove that Science is not about understandin the universe
for the 'benefit of all mankind' but rather an ego building exorcise for
countries and politicians. That is exactly what Hoagland is saying
about NASA.

I suppose, under your postion, once Columbus had reached the Carribean, that
should have ben the last of it, huh?

Hardly, you have no idea what my 'position' is on anything.

Incidentally, NO evidence of aliens, artificial structures, sphinxes,
pyramids, machines, excavators, etc were found on the Moon.
HTH

Corso says to people like you: "How would you know? Do you have the
security clearance? Were you there? They can't prove anything, all they
can do is criticise.'