Old August 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Mad Scientist

anon wrote:

"Mad Scientist" wrote in message
.rogers.com...

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Yes I( realize it does not have the people with the brains of the
past. Then it took us about 7 years. Still it is so much easier to
copy(yes) With the low I Q of todays NASA could it be done in
20 years. I don't think so Bert

Can anyone seriously respond and explain why the USA spent billions of
dollars going to the Moon in the first place? It certainly wasn't to
bring back a bunch of rocks, nor was it to simply take a bunch of cool
pictures. It certainly wasn't just political grandstanding as others
have suggested either.

The same reason the Soviets spent billions of roubles on a space program.

Still no answer for NASA went to the Moon more than once I see. Even it
was political grandstanding, why go more than once? What could be
accomplished the second time around or the third or the fourth that
wasn't accomplished in the first mission?