Old April 6th 13, 04:43 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Thorn[_2_]

Default Antares

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 09:57:02 -0400, Jeff Findley
wrote:

FAILU Noise in guidance system led to excessive steering of
one of the booster motors and finally depletion of the motor's
hydraulic fluid. The vehicle went out of control at T+46
seconds.. Failed Stage: G.

Isn't that the one where the range safety destruct command didn't work
either? They were just lucky it didn't veer back toward Wallops.

Anyway, I think Henry Spencer wrote that SRB-X was the worst launch
vehicle design ever. But for my money, I would pick Conestoga.

Brian