Old February 22nd 19, 01:36 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default gemini in south australia

You are correct NASA sent a fitted out semi-trailer that travelled around most Australian cities in the late 1968-9 as a thank you for Australia’s assistance with Gemini-Apollo missions and for our part in the operation of the Deep Space Tracking Network located in Parks N.S.W.
The trailer contained one of the launched man Gemini capsules along with a space suit worn by the Gemini Astronauts plus other items of interest, I was 8 and still have the photos of its visit to Campbelltown N.S.W.