Old July 26th 03, 05:14 AM
Cardman

Default Management, mandate, and manned spaceflight

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:28:10 -0700, "Charleston"
wrote:

When you grow a heart perhaps you will see that there is more to life than
money and lawsuits and...

Well I hate to get involved in this, but...

A part of nature is about death and often being eaten by some other
animal, which means that death is inevitable.

So had a billion people died tomorrow, then it is like "whoops", but
as a species we could handle the knock.

Yes death is sad and all that, but after all I am sure that like a
million people die each day for one reason or another.

So it is unfortunate this has happened, but well they knew what they
were getting into when they climbed into it. And I do not see that we
should be more upset for them than with other Astronauts who return
alive, when they are equally brave and well... death is inevitable.

And so it is like **** happens, they rolled snake eyes, but the show
has to go on. Not that we should not feel for their families of
course, when they are the ones here who suffer the most.

One great loss about this is the delay in human spaceflight and the
launch of the next brave people willing to ride on it. As sure enough
had they launched the following mission on schedule, foam and all,
then these people would queue up to ride on it.

The only thing you can do in such cases is to fix the problem so that
no one else has to die the same way. And at the end of the day as this
was a freak accident, then no one is really to blame for it.

Also I was thinking some time ago that if you had to die and wanted
this to be quick and painless, then the Colombia disaster does come
close to ideal, when humans are not well designed for super sonic
flight.

Anyway, one of you is annoyed at the delay in spaceflight, where one
of you is overly concerned with this death. And in the end I can only
feel that you are both wrong, when the only thing that is important
here is to fix this problem and to then blast off.

Cardman.