Old November 28th 03, 08:35 PM
[email protected] \(formerly\)

Default Where is the Dark Matter?

Dear Nicolaas Vroom:

"Nicolaas Vroom" wrote in message
I have three question related to MOND.
1. Does MOND correctly simulate the
advancement of Mercury's perihelion ?
If have a certain doubt because the N in MOND stands for Newton.

It does not, since it is "arbitrarily" applied to spiral galaxies. It is
not expected to be effective inside a single solar system.

2. If I'am correct are there two flavours of MOND:
(standard) MOND and relativity MOND ?

One flavor that I know of. MOND applies at one scale, and GR at a smaller
scale.

3. Does relativity MOND correctly simulate the advancement
of Mercury's perihelion ?

Not that I know of. Someone may have tried to merge them, but no real
point in it. MOND doesn't describe all that we see in galaxies, and GR
only does if there is Dark Matter present.

David A. Smith