Old April 22nd 13, 08:17 PM posted to sci.astro
Steve Willner

Default Residual Strong Nuclear Force vs. Dark Forces?

In article ,
Yousuf Khan writes:
Not saying it's creating a mass, I'm saying it just creates a force

What you are proposing is several layers of "new physics." That
doesn't guarantee your proposal is wrong, but it's far from the first
thing people will be looking at.

It would only be a constant, because we call it a "cosmological
constant",

The constant in the Friedman equation really is a constant. Having
it vary with time would be "new physics," but only one layer.

we have no idea if it is truly constant or not.

"No idea" is a little strong. Time variation has been looked for and
isn't ruled out, but existing data show no evidence of variation.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA