Old February 18th 05, 03:03 PM
Herb Schaltegger

In article G8dRd.93733$0u.19618@fed1read04,
"Charleston" wrote:

Personally, I
can see plenty of black smoke up to about 3.4 seconds, and subsequently I
see significant diffuse smoke brightly illuminated by the light of the SRB
flames. Also, I conclude that the "STS 51-L JSC Visual Data Analysis
Sub-Team" and the team at LMSC got it right when they saw smoke and "solid
material" as late as 45 seconds emanating from the same region of the
vehicle. Unfortuantely, they were overruled by the film team at KSC. As
you probably know, it is KSC's views that are reflected in the final
Presidential Commission report.

Okay, Daniel - you've explained what it is you perceive in the footage
you've provided and you've indicated your agreement with a
later-overruled/discredited/under-appreciated/whatever view held by a
JSC sub-team.

However, I'm now forced to ask a question that keeps popping up in my
mind: why does it matter? In other words, what's the significance of
your view as opposed to the views and conclusions contained within the
Presidential Commission report?

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D., GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
"The loss of the American system of checks and balances is more of a security