Old February 18th 05, 04:22 AM
Charleston

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:

snip

You know, there's a far better video of the smoke plume out there than
that; in fact, I can't even see the smoke plume in that crappy and
distorted video. The other video is in color in color and a _lot_ closer
up.

Which is probably one reason why this particular footage was
"unreleased," along with the fact that due to the angle of the camera
with respect to the trajectory and orientation of the stack
immediately prior to and following breakup, you can't really see much
that you can't see from much better perspectives elsewhere.

If this video footage and other similar footage had actually been released
in its entirety to the Commission investigating the accident and the public
during the original investigation, we would not be discussing when the smoke
ended at all. See my previous comment.

Daniel