Old September 9th 09, 02:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Full Moon Shots from the weekend

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
. com...
Richard Crisp wrote:
all eline to avoid the moon issues.

first light: ML8300 camera with AP155EDF f/7

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ic1...2hao3_page.htm

ML4022: with AP180EDT f/9

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m27...iumII_page.htm

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m42...2hao3_page.htm

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...2hao3_page.htm

You are keeping FLI in business with all those new cameras. I keep

Well I will have to admit that they sent me the ML8300 at my request to
test. Maybe I can hang on to it for a couple of months. I didn't get much
time with the PL16803, now THAT was a Man's Camera!!!

hearing folks saying how awful the 8300 chip is with such a low well depth
yet all the photos seem to say otherwise. Small pixels would seem to be
more difficult to achieve with a deep well capacity. In any case it
doesn't seem to be the problem all are making it out to be. Few deep sky
objects would ever reach that capacity anyway even in very long subs.
Though no where near the sensitivity of your NABG chips.

the peak QE of the KAF8300 is still well into the 40s.... It isn't bad at
all. And other than stars, nothing is going to fill up the wells, especially
with narrowband. The KAF39000C was below 20% across the board. The
Monochrome KAF39000 is about 2x the color version though

You are imaging up a storm but please no M42 shots, It isn't winter yet!

Hey I needed something to do between 3am and sunrise Rick. It was either
start a multi day Crab shot or do M42: something that could be completed in
a single session....

We never got any summer so far. Never turned on the air conditioner

We had some really hot weather this summer but not as much as the year
before.

but have used the heat pump many days for heat. My wife's tomatoes are
still very green yet. Lost some to frost the other night. Don't know if
she'll get any or not this year.

Full moon here but very smoky skies thanks to to southern Cal fires. Last
night best I could see was 2nd magnitude through the smoke and moonlight.
Not bothering you?

Well I smell smoke each morning about 4-5:30am but then it goes away. Never
see any but can smell a bit....

Been lucky so far on the fires overall this year. Last summer I could barely
see Vega one night despite the cloudless skies.... redder than Arcturus