Old November 20th 04, 03:38 AM
Southern Hospitality

Benign Vanilla wrote:
"kjakja" wrote in message
. com...

Nothing is something. It is easy to believe there was always something
because nothing exists and is something.

Even the finite chance of you being alive is so enormous that some
need to assign divinity to ease their minds. Think of the lottery odds
of you existing from the uncountable events within events, solar system
creation to sperm and egg and beyond. Your life is sacred because
of this "lottery" win not because of someone's plan.

Then again, in a Universe of this size and time...anything is possible, and
probably likely.

BV.

If we use the drake equation and wittle it down so that the end answer
is 1, that's one place in each galaxy that harbors intelligent,
communicative life. How many galaxies are there in the universe? A
billion? More? Less? Is our civilization in it's existing state
considered a 'communicative' civilization? Or are we just one step below
that? Of course that's just one perspective.

Just because we have no proof of such a thing, it is not possible for
life to take on other forms in the universe such as planet sized ameoba
or energy based forms of life? If you really want to illustrate the
paradox here think of this: Our body is nothing more than a series of
chemical reactions. That kind of event happens so frequently in the
universe every nanosecond, where is the difference between the formation
of a solar system and the creation of a human being? The only
difference that I see is that one takes a billion years to form and the
other takes a few hundred thousand years to evolve. If intelligent life
can evolve in just a few hundred thousand years and our Universe is at
least 14 billion years old, what else has evolved in that time? In
relation to the universe, our civilization is a fraction of a picosecond
in it's age.