Old December 27th 19, 05:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Starliner orbit

On 2019-12-27 12:01 PM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

Not like NASA has EVER done that.Â* Oh wait...

Jeff

Maybe it would have been best if Bridenstein hadn't been there at all.
Sometimes leaving things unsaid can be very helpful.

There is one item that Bridenstein pointed out during the post landing
presser I found interesting. And that is even with this anomaly a lot of
things got tested on this flight that would not have been tested
otherwise, including the ground crew response.

But yeah I think because of the 'general attitude' during that presser
there will be pressure put on NASA by Boeing to fly the next mission
crewed. I think, since this mission failed, there should be another with
the same criteria. Get it right first. No one here I believe actually
thinks SpaceX would have gotten a pass had this happened to them, right?

Incremental costs are a thing. This is tossing away an Atlas V each
time. Really noticeable now isn't it? I can remember back in the
mid-2000's when people didn't buy into reusable boosters and thought
this cost would be a wash between the systems.

Not a consideration now? Just try and say it ain't so....

Dave