Old December 15th 04, 05:22 AM
Brad Guth

Here's another of my replies that's not been easily getting into GOOGLE
or even MAILGATE. Whereas this time I was attempting to share some of
my usual ulterior motive as feedback into a supposedly open to public
GOOGLE turf, as actually applauding something perfectly terrific as
posted by; The Ghost In The Machine Dec 12, 12:00 pm, offering the
subject: The Ultimate Engine

My ulterior motive was to learn something on behalf of extending the
scope of my topic: Relocation of ISS to ME-L1, persay that of getting
ISS away from mother Earth.

As such, there's still this perfectly good and ongoing topic of a
helium fusion powered rocket engine that's worth yet another good
look-see, as if this method might be applied as to accomplishing
something like moving ISS. I've tried to post into this recent topic
with respect to the possibilities of salvaging something like ISS
(obviously no one within this all-knowing group is the least bit
interested in salvaging any stinking ISS). Although, all that has
transpired is their usual banishment upon absolutely anything having to
do with whatever I'm interested in, or perhaps of anything that might
actually benefit humanity is what's being summarily rejected just out
of spite.

I think I finally realize what my problem is; I'm indirectly asking too
many embarrassing questions that the upper most 0.1% of humanity
doesn't want the rest of the world (lower 99.9% that represents the
apparent scum of the Earth) to ever realize the truth about certain
things, such as the fact that we've all been summarily snookered the
most part by all those nice folks having "the right stuff".

GOOGLE Subject: "The Ultimate Engine"
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...rch+this+group

The GOOGLE/MAILGATE version of accessing this same ongoing topic that
I'm not being allowed to participate, but perhaps you can share some
words of wisdom:
http://mygate.mailgate.org/mynews/sc...art&p =1/1126

Taking the absolute positive approach, as to an honest application of
such a fusion rocket engine, such as for the "Relocation of ISS to
ME-L1", as for the initial task getting ISS away from mother Earth. I'm
actually totally impressed by the original context of what this post as
entroduced by "The Ghost In The Machine" is suggesting about "The
Ultimate Engine" but, what I'd really like to know, are we talking of
further R&D of months, years or what?

For just example, the notion of relocating ISS needs a great deal of
sustained thrust energy, but perhaps only 10 hours worth of .1 m/s/s
acceleration as to obtaining another 3.3 km/s on top of the existing
7.7 km/s. If need be as little as 0.01 m/s/s of 100 hours, plus all of
the same as for stopping if we assumed a slight remaining differential
of inbound velocity that'll need to be nullifiied, or else.

I totally agree that appropriate rigging as previously suggested by "Dr
John Stockton", as applied in order to sufficiently brace whatever's
flimsy about ISS is doable, especially if that rate of acceleration
were limited to 0.01 m/s/s, thus taking a bit longer as to bust ISS
lose from Earth's gravity, whereas 1 m/s/s should make things a wee bit
testy, although doable if absolutely everything was secured.

My previously banished and/or ignored questions for this group of
all-knowing wizards discussing "The Ultimate Engine" were as before and
still are;

1) Is there any chance this fusion engine could directly or indirectly
utilize the likes of lunar He3 as fuel?

2) Doesn't the storage of helium (much like hydrogen) or even He3
require a fair amount of space?

3) As for a spacecraft having to take along this required 25 MeV energy
resource into account, what's the net fusion energy per kg of helium
that's actually available or leftover for thrust?

Even frozen/liquid helium should be a rather testy substance, in that a
fairly good amount of insulation becomes a bit more than a slight
issue, as well as for pressurized storage is yet another option. Unless
the few kg worth of said Helium that's supposedly good for the 9e16
J/kg is all that's needed for achieving this rocket engine fuel
requirement, that's solely responsible for creating 603e12 Joules worth
of thrust per kg of said helium is actually obtainable.

It seems as though, coming up with the necessary product of 25 MeV and
of whatever mega+ joules of what that portion represents, as extracted
from some mystical auxiliary power source that's capable of going along
for the ride, that such just might impose another good number of cubic
meters plus whatever tonnes of something other that's not going to
operate all by itself without some negative impact upon the overall
package. I believe the age old physics law of energy input must equal
energy output still holds true. So, I guess that I don't quite
understand from where's such 25 MeV and the good number of joules that
this fusion energy resource potentially represents is coming from.

An electrodynamic or some other tether dipole energy-extractor might
suggest upon such an alternative as for coming up with the 25 MeV, such
as the one I've associated with the LSE-CM/ISS dipole tether element
having a primary element that's obviously connected to the moon, and
otherwise the other element of this dipole is deployed towards mother
Earth, as coming to within the magnetosphere where the termination CM
or tethered instrument platform that's hosting a few of those 100 GW
laser cannons are situated as cruising perhaps 50,000 km from Earth,
even a bit closer if you'd dare.

Regards, Brad GUTH / GASA~IEIS http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm