Old October 21st 18, 07:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default OT? Amateur Astronomy

On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 11:35:25 PM UTC-6, Barry Schwarz wrote:

If the Earth didn't turn at all, then the time from one sunrise to the
next would be approximately 24*365.25 hours. One side of the Moon
always faces the Earth precisely because its rotation about its axis
"exactly" matches it revolution around the Earth.

Yes, that's correct. However, I was ttying to explain things to someone who
doesn't agree with that, and so I was starting from his point of reference.

John Savard