Old October 18th 18, 01:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Oh no, not again

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 3:17:20 PM UTC-6, bilou wrote:
Quadibloc a couché sur son écran :

I'm surprised that the United States doesn't have laws prohibiting the launch
of such payloads by private launch operators. After all, I'm sure they have
restrictions on launching, say, Earth observation satellites with mirrors
above a certain size.

So SPACE is US property ?
I thought only the moon was.

No, but if the U.S. had such laws, they would have at least hindered this launch
by a U.S. artist. It is certainly true that other countries that launch
satellites into space ought to have such policies - if they do not already. From
this news item, it could only be inferred that the United States was lacking
such a restriction.

John Savard