Old July 17th 17, 07:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.electronics.design
Serg io[_2_]

Default Towards the *fully* 3D-printed electric cars.

On 7/16/2017 1:53 PM, Greg Goss wrote:
wrote:
In sci.physics
wrote:

Yes, companies used Rubylith, but the tool of choice was CAD on minicomputers.

The only mainframe application was Spice.

Bull****! Tell that to Boeing. You're simply clueless.

Bull****! Tell that to Hughes Aircraft Company. You're simply clueless.

I never encountered CAD before the micros, so have nothing to add to
the argument. But I'm enjoying the discussion.

I remember Rubylith, and Spice but spice was a simulator, and rubylith a
layout tool... (?)

there is free spice on the internet for under 30 components.

and free tools from some fab houses for small cheap proto boards now
too, under $50, gets you a board back

AND I remember laying out circuits for Motorola by hand using "dolls"
4:1 I think, ...

anybody ?

Hughes Aircraft Company is fantastic, they did SLQ-32 !
google that one...