Old December 11th 10, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 2146

Very nice picture Glen.

Stefan

"glen youman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Two too brief periods of clear sky allowed me to collect luminance
data to replace poor luminance data collected in 2005.

Blinking the frames I selected for use was quite interesting as it
showed the frequent and rapid changes in both seeing and transparencey
that occur duiring the winter season. I was able to use about 60% of
the collected frames.

NGC 2146
Camelopardalis
Penryn, California
December 2003/2010
FS-128 (ag, ST-4) ST-10XME RGB 10 minute subs (2003)
M 250 @ f9.3 (ag, ST-4) ST-10XME Lum 10 minute subs (2010)

NGC 2146 is a star burst galaxy still experiencing the effects of a
collision or close encounter with NGC 2146a some tens of millions of
years ago. NGC 2146 is classified SBa-b/P, Surface brightness is
12.8 and red shift distance is 41 Mly.