Old March 8th 07, 10:32 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
kT

Default The 100/10/1 Rule.

Herb Schaltegger wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:02:44 -0600, kT wrote
(in article ):

Herb Schaltegger wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:19:55 -0600, kT wrote
(in article ):

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahaa!
Get your head out of your ass and realize that money makes the world go
round.
And apparently you've got it to burn. Don't worry, you can print more.
How does a notional tiny-payload expendable SSTO make any kind of economic
sense?

I thought I just explained to you that useful payload is increased by an
order of magnitude, by designing the booster stage itself to be payload?

You explained nothing. A booster itself is not a useful payload in any
meaningful sense.

Do you have any idea how idiotic you sound with the bwahaha crap and the
unqualified claims? Really, it's a conservatives attempt at humor again?
You sound worse than Rand, and I mean that in the most unexemplary way.

I already qualified the booster, it contains an oxygen tank with
residual oxygen, I suppose you can get by without that in space. It
contains 10% of the empty weight in residual fuel, convertible to energy
and water, I suppose you can get along quite fine in space without that.
It contains a large empty hydrogen tank complete with pressurization
system, a complete attitude and reaction control system, all are space
qualified, and all at the very top of the pyramid of space survival.

The benefits of boosters as spaceships, as the benefits of upper stages
as spaceships, is abundantly clear for the rationally inclined to see.

Plus, I've designed a nosecone engine carrier that can return a 100
million dollar engine to a soft landing anywhere on Earth, so you get
the engine back too.

Sure you have. Detailed design drawings, please. Including materials and
processing specs, interface controls, and cost estimates (don't forget
development, qualification and acceptance test plans and funding schedules
while you're at it).

So you claim this is not possible?

All hail the next internet non-engineer genius who has somehow managed to
outsmart and out-think everyone who came before him.

By pointing out the obvious solutions to obvious problems.

All hail the bwahaahaha internet kook, Herb.

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html