Old September 21st 06, 01:59 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
George Evans

Default Shuttle Pass at 5:50 AM

in article , Nicholas Fitzpatrick at
wrote on 9/20/06 7:22 AM:

In article ,
George Evans wrote:

I just made a naked eye observation of ISS and Shuttle pass. My location is
in Southern California. ISS was steady, Atlantis "appeared" to be tumbling
with two regular flashes with a period of about a second.

Out of curiosity, how bright (qualitatively) is the shuttle compared to the
ISS? Was Soyuz visible as well, or has it docked?

This morning my subjective estimate is that Atlantis was between 1/2 and 2/3
the brightness of ISS. Soyuz was docked.

George Evans